RISE. This special edition crown combines headlines and historical moments in Black History into a sculptural homage to a relentless journey. Black history hasn't been pretty, but the journey tells a story of resilience and mental toughness beyond any imaginable condition. From the depths of the Dungeon the people will "Rise" up rings true by every measure in this instance. This controversial piece highlights some historical moments in black history without hiding beneath a veil of censorship. We thought long and hard before releasing such a concept piece as we realize that homage can dig up once forgotten and difficult memories. This piece was created simply to celebrate from whence we came with a sense of pride, in order to remind the world what a people so far from their original land are made of, and how those once oppressed will always RISE up.Details
- Red Black & Green Color Interior Palette - red: the blood that unites all people of Black African ancestry, and shed for liberation; black: black people whose existence as a nation, though not a nation-state, is affirmed by the existence of the flag; and green: the abundant natural wealth of Africa.
- 1863 - The Emancipation Proclamation was a presidential proclamation and executive order issued by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863. It purported to change the federal legal status of more than 3 million enslaved people in the designated areas of the South from "slave" to "free", although its immediate effect was less.
- Brown V Board of Education -1954 In a unanimous opinion, the Supreme Court in Brown v. Board of Education overturns Plessy and declares that separate schools are "inherently unequal." The Court delays deciding on how to implement the decision and asks for another round of arguments. Many people protested by bearing signs that simply stated keep our schools white.
- On December 1, 1955 Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, AL and sparked the American Civil Rights movement of the 20th century.
At checkout we currently offer snail mail and flat rate shipping. Flat rate shipping from our site is always priority unless otherwise noted or shipping internationally. First class is a discounted rate that takes a bit longer and is not always offered. If you choose Priority Mail expected delivery is within 3-4 business days of purchase. With Snail Mail (First Class) it can be up to 7 days for your package to arrive. For APO or military addresses we recommend Priority Mail.
We currently offer quick shipping to Canada and certain European Countries. Rates are calculated at checkout based on weight. We utilize USPS Carriers.We are happy to accept returns within 7 days of your original purchase date. All items must be in new, unworn condition with all original tags still attached.
Orders generally ship within 48 hours of purchase, we take pride in our processing speed. If you shop as a guest you will only receive one notification. For registered customers your order tracking will also be found inside My Account. Shipping days are Monday-Friday, but at peak times and holidays we also ship Saturdays.
Exchange or Return
Your satisfaction is our top priority. To exchange or return email us via the contact page, or by responding to your confirmation email. We accept returns for exchange or refund up to 7 calendar days after delivery of the product. At our sole discretion after 7 calendar days, we will offer an exchange or store credit only. Items must be in “new, unaltered and unused condition.” An item can be returned if it does not fit or if you want something different. Again, buyer satisfaction is our top priority. In the event of a return:
- Items must not show signs of wear, damage or smoke in any way
- Buyer must contact customer service within 7 calendar days of the delivery date (after 7 days no returns are allowed)
Again you MUST contact us within 7 days if you intend to return ANY item back to our store.Items returned to us AFTER 7 days and WITHOUT contacting us will NOT be refunded.PLEASE NOTE : ArtWork is non-refundable.
Port Au Prince - Haiti Crow...