With the rise of Covid-19 Cases in the US, our collective has seen a significant increase in mask sales. As you consider your purchase, we want to make sure that we are sharing transparent knowledge about the washable masks sold via our collective outlets.
There is no full or fool proof measure that can be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The most significant recommendation by health experts has been and remains to stay home and avoid congregations of people as much as possible.
- Despite media reports, masks of all types assist in preventing the spread of infectious diseases by providing a barrier between particles and your mouth and nose. However, if worn improperly those protections will be minimized. Be careful with your placement of the mask.
If you may be in an area where close contact with potential carriers of an infectious disease like COVID-19 are present, it is still recommended to practice social distancing.
N95 Mask should be viewed as the top standard for the prevention of virus spread, but those mask are prioritized for front line medical staff and those with severely compromised immune systems.
- Cloth masks offer an alternative for those carrying on with typical daily movement and travel. The masks we offer are NOT medical grade
Notes About Wearing Your Mask
- Note: Mask must be washed after use. Particularly if used during travel. This can be accomplished with water and soap in the sink or in a load of clothing with detergent.
- Wash your hands before putting your mask on and install the mask by holding the earloops to avoid unnecessarily touching the face.
- If taking the mask off to eat or drink, take the mask fully off from the ear loops and reinstall as indicated above.
- Maintain proper hand hygiene throughout use of the mask, and avoid touching your face as much as possible even with the mask on.